IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is a unified examination which evaluates the knowledge of British English language (writing and speaking) on a high level. IELTS examination estimates such skills as reading, writing and speaking, ability to understand spoken English and English vocabulary.
Advantages of IELTS examination
- objective assessment of student’s knowledge;
- opportunity to get the international certificate in case of successful pass;
- two types of the examination depending on candidate’s aims (Academic Module is for those who plan to study or work abroad and General Module is for those who plan to emigrate);
- IELTS certificate gives wide opportunities for those who want to study or work in European countries, the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
The required level of English to pass the exam
IELTS examination can be taken and IELTS certificate can be received only at official certified centers.
The most appropriate level of English for candidates who want to pass it must be no lower than Upper-intermediate that means a sound grasp of following skills:
- speaking: ability to discuss different issues, find appropriate words for expressing thoughts without difficulty;
- reading and writing: ability to read different texts fluently, understand their sense, write grammatically and make up essays on different topics;
- listening: ability to identify spoken English, catch the main idea of the listening whatever the topic, speed and difficulty are.
IELTS certificate is a good indicator of English language knowledge for emigrating, education and work in Europe, the USA, Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
Preparation for IELTS examination
In Donetsk Lingvo Academy prepares students for IELTS examination.
Classes are held in groups as well as individually. Skype lessons are included in our service.
The necessary level for IELTS preparation must be no lower than Intermediate.
We are able to teach effectively and with high standards that is why our students are confident in their knowledge.