Cambridge University has developed the system of international examinations to evaluate children’s level of English language YLE (Young Learners), kids aged 7-12 can take these examinations. YLE examinations are unique that gives an opportunity to estimate the level of English knowledge in all aspects (reading, writing, listening, speaking). It gives an opportunity to improve language skills and to pass teens examinations in the future.
Children’s examinations are built in a very comfortable and interesting way including game way that decreases stress while passing them.
Advantages YLE examinations
- objective assessment of student’s knowledge;
- opportunity to get the international certificate that corroborates child’s knowledge;
- opportunity to prepare for more difficult teens examinations;
- motivation that makes your child continue learning foreign languages.
Features of the exam
YLE examinations can be taken only at official certified centers, the certificate is given to every child and it doesn’t depend on their results.
According to the system YLE is divided into 3 examinations for children:
- Starters – is developed for those whose level is Way Ahead 1;
- Movers – is developed for those whose level is Way Ahead 2;
- Flyers – is developed for those whose level is Way Ahead 3.
YLE examinations look like a snowball, each examination is a bit more difficult than previous one that gives an opportunity to evaluate the depth of kids’ knowledge on every level of English language.
Preparation for YLE examinations
In Donetsk Lingvo Academy prepares students for YLE examinations.
Classes are held in groups as well as individually. Skype lessons are included in our service.
We are always more than just language services, we are able to make a child interested in foreign languages that is why preparation for YLE examinations with Lingvo Academy is interesting, effective and fun!